Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
About the opportunity
Alcoa is looking for a driven and experienced senior sourcing professional to join our Alumina business in this exciting 2 year fixed term contract opportunity. As our Senior Talent Sourcing Specialist, Alumina, your responsibility is to actively attract and recruit top talent and diverse candidates.
In this pivotal role your extensive global sourcing experience will allow you to actively advise and support senior leaders in identifying and attracting unique active and passive candidates to increase diversity and talent in Alcoa.
Working across the breadth of our Alumina business, you will be located between our corporate offices in Booragoon and Peel.
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will:
- Establish positive relationships with our HR, Talent Manager, hiring managers and recruiters to deliver highly qualified, diverse candidates.
- Demonstrate creative sourcing strategies as well as be comfortable in cold calling, direct networking, internet mining and networking to build inclusive talent pools.
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of the recruitment market locally, nationally and internationally.
- Use your experience and expertise in candidate care to engage talented individuals, understanding their motivations and aspirations for roles and future careers.
- Establish relationships with new employees to build and develop referrals to assist with diversity targets and talent management.
- Advise Alumina leadership on effective strategies for candidate engagement whilst championing Alcoa’s employee value proposition..
- Effectively run our talent pools and recruitment process through our recruitment database (Workday).
Your experience as an established sourcing specialist at a global level is key for success for this position. If you are an in-house recruiter with experience in sourcing within the manufacturing or heavy industry please apply. In both cases, your application would be supported with evidence of a degree in Human Resources or similar along with 5 plus years of recruitment and sourcing experience.
About where you will work
Alcoa of Australia’s head office is located in Booragoon, approximately 15 kilometres south of Perth’s central business district. Approximately 150 employees provide corporate services, including finance, procurement, information technology, environmental management and corporate affairs, to Alcoa’s businesses locally and world-wide.
Alcoa’s Peel regional office is located in the town of Pinjarra, approximately 85 kilometres south of Perth and just 20 minutes from the coastal city of Mandurah. Approximately 80 employees provide essential support services to Alcoa’s Australian and global businesses.
Sunday, 2nd June 2019
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa of Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,300 people in Western Australia (WA) and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 16 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA), and Alcoa of Australia’s Chairman and Managing Director Michael Parker is a WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 50 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa of Australia’s total annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.